Here is a quick and easy build guide for the MKUK4 Keypad.
- Break apart the PCB. DO NOT CHANGE THEIR ORIENTATION. The only work one way.
- Solder the diodes D1, D2, D3, D4. Make sure the line on the diodes is aligned with the lines on the pcb.
- Snip the excess from the diodes. Use some of the excess wire to solder through R1.
- Solder the headers on the Pro Micro slot. make sure that the black part of the header is on the side of the PCB that says RAW.
- Push the switches into the switch plate, and solder the switches, they only go one way!
- If you want LEDs, solder them through the switches. Remember the short leg goes in the square pad. Snip the excess.
- Solder the Pro Micro. Make sure the raw pin lines up with the RAW marking. Snip the excess of the headers.
- Screw in the spaces and the back cover.
- Plug in the USB. Open QMK toolbox and flash using this hex. – Download
To customise the keymap go to config.qmk.fm and select handwired/mechboards_micropad as the keyboard.