A tiny, RGBW-illuminated, clickable Trackball Breakout that’s perfect for adding navigation or control to your Raspberry Pi or Arduino projects.
We’ve taken a trackball module from everyone’s favourite fruit-flavoured phone and added a bunch of clever engineering to let you build old-school interaction into your projects. As well as x/y directional tracking and click, we’ve added an RGBW (red/green/blue/white) LED right under the clear trackball to illuminate it and allow you to add visual feedback.
Use Trackball Breakout with an Arduino that supports USB HID to use it as a tiny mouse. Or why not use it as a colour/brightness control for an LED matrix breakout or a set of our Mote lights?
Because the trackball has a grippy rubber surface you can also use it with the trackball facing downwards and track it as it rolls on a surface, like a traditional roller ball mouse.
- Mini trackball with click button
- RGBW LEDs beneath trackball for illumination
- Moulded plastic trackball casing
- Mounting holes
- Nuvoton N76E003AQ20 MCU
- I2C interface (address 0x0A/0x0B (cut trace))
- 3.3V or 5V compatible
- Reverse polarity protection
- Compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi, and Arduino
- Python library
- Trackball breakout
- 1×5 male header
- 1×5 female right-angle header